Monday, December 30, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - II Crimsonstreak

II Crimsonstreak by Matt Adams

The first sentence from each chapter of II Crimsonstreak, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Read via the publisher for review

“You’ll have to do better than that, Crimsonstreak!”

Back in Washington, D.C.

I sit in a secret chamber with a few other members of the Heroic Legion.”

“We’re not exactly proud of this place,” Samson Knight says, guiding me into the depths of Heroic Legion Headquarters.”

“Sources tell us a large group of Clermont escapees has congregated in lower Manhattan,” Samson Knight says.”

Headache.

We reappear in a cornfield.

“We’ve just about got everything online,” the Crusading Comet reports when we return.”

A mysterious, remote island lies ahead as I buzz across Florida at supersonic speeds.”

“How was Seven Minutes in Heaven?”

Aegis has released a list of Colonel Chaos’s co-conspirators,” the voice coming from the TV says.”

For just a second, Warren Kensington IV becomes the angry, scared teenager I met back in the Sanctum Cometus in New Chaos City.”

We emerge back at the Orange Band’s command center.”

“What are we going to do with them?”

Falcon Gray was only kind of right.

When we get wherever we’re going, I immediately go down on one knee.”

Morty said mystic transportation gets much easier the more you do it.”

“I don’t understand,” my father says.

I end up inside the Kiltech lab where my father’s machine glows and pulsates.”

“Thank God, Warren.

Words and voices echo and whisper as the world fades back into view.”

Kilgore disappears, then reappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)