Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review - Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

4 out of 5 gnomes

Wow, I’m a bit sad and not ready for this series to be over. I want to know more about these characters and what their future will be. I don’t foresee everything being as rosy as they think it’ll be.

I love that this book has a dual point of view. It’s pretty vital especially in this book because it lets you know exactly what both of them are thinking and why. The whole alien invasion plot was pretty awesome. I did want to see more of what their plans were and how the whole world reacted. I’m not saying we didn’t get to see the devastation, I just wanted to know more.

There is some great action in this book (on many levels.) You have not seen the end of the steaminess between Daemon and Katy. They are quite an interesting couple and they go through a lot throughout this story.

I think after the awesomeness that is Daemon, my favorite character would have to be Luc. This teen mobster-like guy is just so weird yet full of resources. He’s one guy you want to have on your side. Speaking of Luc I wish there had been more information about the origins and what exactly they can do.

There were some great twists but I did see some of them telegraphed ahead of time. The ending was well done even though it would have been nice to see further in their future. It kind of ends in an awkward spot that will leave you wanting to know more.

Bit of an X-men/superhero parallel at the end with the whole all aliens except them and their friends have to be registered with the government. I have a bad feeling their immunity won’t last forever. I really wanted to read about the real wedding they were planning too (I think that would have been a better way to end it all.)

Overall though I do love this series and the arc that Daemon and Katy go through. It’s definitely worth a read if you like fun characters with crazy chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)