Friday, September 5, 2014

Review - Isla and the Happily Ever After

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

4 out of 5 gnomes

This probably had my favorite beginning/meeting between the two love interests.  It was just so darn cute/funny/charming all rolled into one scene. They aren’t my favorite couple out of the books but they do have an interesting relationship and I probably like them more individually than I do together. I don’t know why but this book felt a bit more rushed/forced than the others did.

I was glad that the pronunciation of Isla’s name appears early in the book (because I had no clue how to say it.) I thought her name was a bit weird at first but when I found out why that was her name it made more sense and made me feel sorry for her sisters too.

I would have liked to see the characters from the other books integrated more into the story. Not to say I didn’t love seeing them again but I wanted more, especially after Anna and St. Clair’s epic moment.

I also would have liked to know more about Kurt’s character and maybe have had more of something done about the bullying he and Isla went through.

They fall in love so fast that if you’re like me you’ll be looking for the problems ahead. They are so cute together though that you just have to root for them.

I would recommend this book and any of Perkin’s other books simply based on the writing alone. While you’re reading you will inevitably get drawn smack dab into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)