Monday, September 8, 2014

Review - The Lonely

* Read via NetGalley


2 gnomes out of 5 gnomes (and that second star is only because the ending explained some of the story.)

This, this book was not what I was expecting and for everything except pretty much the very end I was like WTF did I just read and WTF is going on…

The Lonely =

What….

The…

Hell did I just read…

That was my exact reaction while reading the book but with a lot more f-bombs thrown in there.

This book is so so so so so so so freaking weird and at times almost uncomfortable to read.

Just when you think you know what's going on, WAM things are definitely not what they seem.

The characters are interesting I just wish things had been made more concrete earlier in the story. The writing style itself is well done it just doesn't all connect coherently at least with what I'm used to.

Overall there is a lot of weirdness and descriptions that make you wonder what the heck is going on. If you like narrators that are way past quirky and to have to puzzle out what's going on, this might be the book for you. I though was just hoping that the character got the help that she so obviously needed ASAP...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)