Monday, October 13, 2014

Review - Ever After High: A Wonderlandiful World

Ever After High: A Wonderlandiful World by Shannon Hale

4 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

Love, love, love this book. Maddie, Lizzie, and Cedar are an awesome trio and Kitty Cheshire is a great chaotic element. I wish this hadn’t been the end of Shannon Hale’s run on the series because it looks like the next books are going in another direction.

Seeing things from the Wonderland point of view is a lot of fun. The playing cards that Lizzie has with her mother’s advice are really hilarious. Her use of hedgehogs is also very entertaining.

The whole part with Maddie and the narrator was great, I would totally read a whole series just based on a narrating school. Maddie is definitely somebody that you don’t want to mess with.

Cedar’s story is kind of bittersweet but at least she gets to see what her life could be like. I like how much she grew over just this book.

I wish the ending had been different but it does allow the series to go on I guess. This series is silly yet fun and well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)