Friday, July 3, 2015

Review - The Vampire's Mail Order Bride

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride by Kristen Painter

4 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

This book is just one of those that will definitely make you smile while you read it. I was first drawn in by the title and cheese-tastic cover. I knew I was either going to love it or hate it (spoiler alert: I loved it.)

It is a really fun book. There is the great concept of having the town of Nocturne Falls celebrate Halloween all year long (to hide some supernatural secrets.) It sounds like it would be one heck of an interesting place to live. I hope to find out even more about the town and its residents in the next book.

It’s great how Delaney resourcefully finds a way into town. Her and Hugh are a very interesting match. If you read the title you know he’s a vampire, his family is also full of some unique characters.

What I liked best about this book was that the secrets weren’t dragged out, they were discovered early. I think that really made the book shine because then you get to see all the effects those secrets had.

The ending was a little bit expected but still awesome in how it was pulled off. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)