Friday, January 29, 2016

Journey of a Bookworm

As a child I adored the Winnie the Pooh stories, The Wind in the Willows, Little House on the Prairie, and anything by Shel Silverstein. Then Animorphs, Goosebumps, and The Babysitters Club were books I collected faster than Pokémon.

I love rereading Harry Potter too, mostly the 1st-3rd books.

I've been obsessed with Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy since high school and now I read every book/series she releases.

Rick Riordan and his Percy Jackson series is another favorite of mine. I’ve always loved mythology and this series just brings it to life so well.

My more recent book obsessions are Gini Koch's Alien series because it's actually laugh out loud funny and you'll care about all of the characters. Then there are books by Rainbow Rowell and Stephanie Perkins which are more than awesome and have a plethora of unique characters.

Right now I'm immersed in the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown, it's so very good (if you love science fiction, really strong world building, and stupendous characters than this is the series for you.)

My book choice can veer anywhere from MG,  YA, comic books, to anything Fiction or beyond that catches my interest.

Oh, and I'm drawn like a moth to a flame to books with superheroes or mermaids.

The Journey of a Bookworm though is forever ongoing so what has your journey been so far/what is the best thing you’ve read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)