Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Review - Underwater

Underwater by Marisa Reichardt

* Received from NetGalley for review.

4 out of 5 gnomes

Such a great character study of a story. Looks at guilt/a horrible situation and how it can eat at you. Makes you just imagine what effect this would have on someone.

Shows Morgan’s recovery and how none of it is easy. All the characters are fleshed out pretty well too.

I lover her therapist Brenda, her mom and her brother Ben. Can just imagine how a small child would deal with all this. This book is also a good in depth look at a family that’s having plenty of problems.

Her next door neighbor Evan is a hot diversion but also a unique character in his own right. I really liked how it’s not instalove right away.

The bulk of the story is figuring out why Morgan feels this way and what she hasn’t told everybody. It’s a compelling read and I love that it leaves you with hope.

I’m looking forward to seeing what this author writes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)