Monday, January 11, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Thicker Than Water

Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer


The first sentence from each chapter of Thicker Than Water, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Received from NetGalley for review.
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I hate this suit.”

“I still can’t believe Danny arrested him.”

“This is my first time in a jail cell.”

“I thought for sure my mother would send one of my brothers to come fetch me.”

“I nearly miss her.”

“I’m on house arrest.”

“Stan is a pretty good cook.”

“There’s a news van outside my house in the morning.”

“So here’s the irony of this whole situation.”

“Stan doesn’t tell my father anything more than that I’ve had car trouble, I stumbled in a hole on the side of the road, and I’m sitting on his porch.”

“Four days have passed since I carried Charlotte through the woods.”

“I’m sitting at the kitchen table slicing the ends off of green beans when my phone lights up with a text message from Nicole.”

“Loneliness is a funny disease.”

“I’m not entirely sure what I thought would happen when we broke open the old boxes on the floor of Stan’s garage.”

“After Charlotte goes home, I climb into bed, but I don’t sleep at all.”

“And then he threatened the kids.”

“I’m glad Charlotte is driving.”

“I fight like hell.”

“I dream of Thomas.”

“Getting arrested in front of the church sucked.”

“My brother isn’t much of a talker.”

“By late afternoon, I’m home and in bed.”

JB is driving again.”

“I follow him.”

“That night, I dream of Lilly again.”

“I have a restless night.”

“I’m in Lilly’s head again.”

“I fall asleep on my sketchbook.”

“In my dream, I was mentally throttling Lilly, telling her she was an idiot for meeting a guy without telling anyone about it.”

JB goes down.”

Three weeks later
I’m sitting on the front porch with Nicole.”

“Stan and I are sitting across the dinner table.”

“I’m on a grocery store mission again, this time for coconut flour.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)