Monday, August 22, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Ungifted

Ungifted by Gordon Korman

The first sentence from each chapter of Ungifted, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


I want a refund from ancestry.com.”

To be the superintendent of a school district like Hardcastle, with its forty-seven buildings and more than thirty thousand students, was a huge responsibility.”

“If I didn’t die of stress that night, I probably never will.”

“<<Hypothesis: Being gifted is not a gift.”

When the paper airplane bounced off the back of the driver’s head, the man pulled the bus over onto the shoulder.”

The grade glowered at me off the cover sheet of my social studies paper: D-minus.”

“<<Hypothesis: Donovan Curtis is smarter than all of us put together.>>”

These were my math test results for the semester so far: 0 out of 20, 1 out of 15, 4 out of 35, and incomplete.”

Donnie!”

Well, my “no screwups” rule was pretty much out the window.”

“<<Hypothesis: I have the perfect wardrobe— for milking a cow.>>”

This was the worst night of my life.”

For all the eight hundred million videos on YouTube, you had to figure there were at least another eight hundred million that never got filmed.”

“Noah Youkilis gave Daniel Sanderson a black eye at the dance on Friday night.”

It makes perfect sense that a class with a teacher named Oz would call their robot Tin Man.”

Well, it was official, confirmed by the vet.”

I was in my car heading back to the office, but something didn’t sit well with me.”

I was pretty good at video games, but never had I felt more comfortable with a joystick in my hand than when I was driving Tin Man.”

“<<Hypothesis: Truth is stranger than fiction.>>”

According to ancestry.com, James Donovan went to Washington to testify as a witness at the Senate hearings into the sinking of the Titanic.”

The state robotics meet.”

I leaped up out of my seat, fists punching at the air.”

“<<Hypothesis: The speed of the drive is directly proportional to the acuteness of the crisis.>>”

I refuse to let this mess leave a hole in my record.”

I’m not sure how the clip made it to YouTube.”

The image was fuzzy at first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)