Thursday, September 22, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Heroine Complex

Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn

“Yeah, fuck you, you ’roided out Cakey Monster,” I muttered, narrowing my eyes at the remnants of the stupid thing.”

“And sometimes,” she said, “I just really want french fries.”

“The ability to accept any and all diva crap is a highly valued skill in personal assistants.”

“Can you save your man-bitchery for no time ever?” I shot back.”

“She was my oldest friend. She was my Heroic Trio compatriot. She had been there when I needed her. And she sure as hell knew how to manipulate me.”

“Focus on the anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to you blowing stuff up.”

“Goddammit, Dead-Inside-O-Tron.”

“I think you make the occasional mistake. Just like everyone.”

“I wanted to save the crazy, colorful, occasionally fucked-up world I was already living in. Was that personal growth or insanity?”

“I loooooved making him laugh. It wasn’t a gimme like it was with, say, Lucy. You had to work for that shit.”

No purple.”

“I like that you’re good and decent and kind. That you always look surprised when you laugh, like you genuinely weren’t expecting to laugh, ever.”

“We’ve both leveled up.”

“We had been wrong about so many things.”

“I was amassing Fun Demon Factoids like Pokemon.”

“Save your martyr-esque declarations for some weaker soul.”

“We’d come apart and come back to each other.”

“I love you the most, too. That’s probably why we make each other the most mad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)