Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Jock and the Fat Chick

The Jock and the Fat Chick by Nicole Winters

The first sentence from each chapter of The Jock and the Fat Chick, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I HAUL ASS ACROSS THE SCHOOL’S PLAYING field, the ball cupped in my lacrosse stick.”

“WEDNESDAY: DOM TECH DAY.”

“I’M AT SHREDS.”
“THERE’S NO COOKING IN THE NEXT DOM TECH class.”

“ON SATURDAY I WAKE UP AROUND TEN, WHICH is early considering I’m used to sleeping until eleven or twelve.”

“FIRST THING I DO ON SUNDAY IS WAKE UP AND plug my phone into its charger because I forgot to last night, and the battery’s dead.”

“THE NEXT DAY IN DOM TECH, IT’S LIKE I WAS never at Claire’s house or chatting with her last night.”

“THE SNOW-COVERED SOCCER FIELD MEANS Coach has us indoors, playing volleyball for gym.”

“I WAKE UP FEELING LIKE A NEW MAN.”
“I WALK INTO DOM TECH LIKE I’VE GOT THIS and I’m about to kick some ass.”

I NO LONGER HEAD DOWN THE EAST HALLWAY twice a week anymore.”

“THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS ARE FULL OF HOLIDAY stuff, shoveling driveways, buying a tree, and decorating it with popcorn strings and ornaments I made as a kid.”

“FIRST THING FLOODING MY VISION WHEN I awake is horses.”

“THE BELL RINGS AND I BACK MISSY AGAINST her locker and lean in for a hello-good-bye kiss before taking off.”

“CAN’T SLEEP.”

“I’M GLAD THE ARENA’S A DECENT HIKE FROM my house.”

“I END UP HEARING FROM THREE OTHER schools: Bemidji State, Davenport, and Bowling Green, all offering partial scholarships.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)