Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Review - Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case


Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case by Kristen Painter

4 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

I love having a mystery series set in the town of Nocturne Falls. That it stars Jayne Frost, daughter of Jack Frost makes it even better. Nocturne Falls is new to her and seeing things from a winter elf's perspective is very entertaining.

Jayne is a fun character who hasn't really been away from the North Pole a lot and really never deals with humans. She's a princess so when she is given a problem to solve by her father she goes undercover using magic so nobody will recognize her.

This of course leads to some interesting issues. Plus the whole is lying to everybody really a good idea quandary.

I love that she acquires a cat named Spider. The Santa's workshop store staffed by actual elves is a lot of fun. The whole Christmas meets Halloween vibe is great.

There is a love triangle sure but it is a good one. I am team vampire/Greyson over team Summer elf/Cooper just because I think they seem to be a much better match. Though both of them are fun to read about.

The ending was a little fast but it does leave me really looking forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)