Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Review - Nobody's Goddess

Nobody’s Goddess by Amy McNulty

* Read via NetGalley for review


Favorite Quote: “I was the elf queen—and I was nobody’s goddess.”

3 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

I don’t think I’ve ever been this close to DNF aka not finishing a book. This book just starts off slow and the mythology of the world takes a bit to get into. This book pulled me back from the brink though because things became a lot more interesting.

Noll is a strong character but also pretty darn conflicted. You can see her point of view but the whole problem she has with her sister make you question her motives more than once.

This world is intriguing with the whole men having to wear masks until they find the right woman/goddess for them. Plus the whole women possibly rejecting her man and never being loved.

The thing I really disliked was all the random time jumps forward like four months later (I wanted to know what happened that night, not months later. I think the story may have been a lot stronger without all the interruptions.

Everything leading up to the ending was great but the very end just felt so rushed and right when you think you're about to get resolution the book ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)