Thursday, December 22, 2016

Review - Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Allbertalli

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

This was a fun and quick read but just not all that surprising. Not that that's a bad thing but it was pretty easy to see all of the twists and turns before they happened. It did have a great coming out narrative, really lets you see all the ups and downs and feelings involved.

I guessed who Blue was long before Simon did. That whole revelation though was pretty cute. I think I would have liked the story more if it had started earlier like right when Simon started emailing Blue.

I liked all of the characters but do wish that the story included more about them all.

Overall a pretty good story that could have done with more time to breathe and flesh out all of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)