Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review - Episode One: The Shootout Solution (Genrenauts #1)


Episode One: The Shootout Solution (Genrenauts #1)

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“Discovery. New races, new kingdoms, new magics. I loved that when I opened a fantasy book or found a new author, I knew I was in for a tour through someone’s imagination.”

“My fantasy is less about the whips and the PVC, more about self-actualization and hope. And you know what? That’s just as sexy to me.”

“You never choose to be the Chosen One. You just are.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Tang didn’t raise no dumbass. Smartass, yes, but not dumb.”

“What’s with the rattling?” she yelled, distracting herself from her fear by complaining— a tactic she borrowed from pre-K kids everywhere.”

Review:


5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

Now, this, this is a fun series. Talk about story-tastic if that's a word. The world building is awesome and you get immersed right away. This diverse set of characters makes for a fantastic read. Jumping into different genres is fascinating and the Western world was a good intro to this whole concept. Seeing things from the viewpoint of a new recruit is great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)