Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Hate U Give

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
“He always has it on the Friday of spring break because you need Saturday to recover and Sunday to repent.”

“And the thing about the stank-eye is at some point you feel it on you, inviting you to kick some ass or have your ass kicked.”

“Trust me, my school has hoes too. Hoedom is universal.”

“Funny how it works with white kids though. It’s dope to be black until it’s hard to be black.”

“That’s why I named you Starr.” He gives me a small smile. “My light during all that darkness.”

“Good-byes hurt the most when the other person’s already gone.”

“This is gonna be some bullshit.”

“It’s not like we planned it to be this way. Sometimes the shit just happens, and one day you realize there’s a leader among you and your friends and it’s not you.”

“I almost point out that I get a scholarship too, but nah. She’d become the first person in history to hit someone through a phone.”

“If it’s possible to be a sweet asshole, that’s Seven.”

“...‘Sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is to never stop doing right.’”

“White people do stupid shit sometimes.”

“Yeah, they do. If babies can count as humans when they’re little, veggies can count as veggies when they’re little.”

I’m guessing emotional hangovers feel a lot like actual hangovers.

I didn’t know a dead person could be charged in his own murder, you know?

Sometimes I give stank-eyes and don’t realize I’m giving them.

“Brave doesn’t mean you’re not scared, Starr,” she says. “It means you go on even though you’re scared. And you’re doing that.”

“I already need the stitches. Might as well snitch.”

2 comments:

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)