Monday, October 23, 2017

Review - One Con Glory

One Con Glory by Sarah Kuhn
4 out of 5 gnomes

I have a weird relationship with this book, I've known about it since it was first released and recognize the very distinctive cover. Yet I didn't read it until yesterday when I was reviewing another book by this author and saw that she'd written this book too. So you never know when you might find your way back to a book you've been meaning to read.

This story was short yet awesome. If you're looking for a quick read that'll also make you smile, then this book is definitely for you. There is a lot of cursing but it's really almost part of the charm of the story and characters/makes them feel realistic.

Some of the references are a bit outdated (like guitar hero but I too remember when that was the game everybody played) but it makes it fun if you remember them too.

Julie’s quest to get a Glory action figure because she is forever losing ones she’s had before is quite the journey. It leads her to an unexpected relationship that just might work out. Plus by the end I kind of want the TV show/comic Periodic 7 the action figure was based on, to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)