Thursday, January 18, 2018

Review/My Favorite Quotes/Lines - A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle 

5 out of 5 gnomes

Feelings After Reading - Wonder with a side of Whoa (I can’t wait to see this in movie form.)

I’ve known about A Wrinkle in Time but I never actually got around to reading it. Now that I have though, I’m sorry I waited so long. What lead me to finally picking up the book was seeing the trailer for the movie, it looks amazing so I knew I wanted to read the book ASAP.

I love how even though the book was first released in 1962, it’s still immensely readable today. The characters are strong and the fantasy of it all takes you along for the ride. Meg’s character feels very relatable and her conflict is immensely understandable. I think that’s what makes this book one that people still seek out and read even today.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺😎
Best Quotes/Lines:

“It was a dark and stormy night.”

“Just be glad you’re a kitten and not a monster like me.”

“There’s nothing the matter with his mind. He just does things in his own way and in his own time.”

“You’re much too straightforward to be able to pretend to be what you aren’t,” Mrs. Murry said.”

“I don’t understand it any more than you do, but one thing I’ve learned is that you don’t have to understand things for them to be.”

“I do face facts,” Meg said. “They’re lots easier to face than people, I can tell you.”

“I think it will be better if people go on thinking I’m not very bright. They won’t hate me quite so much.”

“Un asno viejo sabe más que un potro. A. Perez. An old ass knows more than a young colt.”

“Anndd wee mussttn’tt looose ourr sensses of hummorr,” Mrs Which said. “Thee onnlly wway ttoo ccope withh ssometthingg ddeadly sseriouss iss ttoo ttry ttoo trreatt itt a llittlle lligghtly.”

“Therre willl nno llonggerr bee sso manyy pplleasanntt thinggss too llookk att iff rressponssible ppeoplle ddo nnott ddoo ssomethingg abboutt thee unnppleassanntt oness.”

“Like and equal are not the same thing at all!”

“That is not our way. But we know that just because we want something does not mean that we will get what we want, and we still do not know what to do.”

“For the things which are seen are temporal. But the things which are not seen are eternal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)